FMJ Yachting (part of the FMJ Group) is the partner for the design and the installation, maintenance, management and inspection of maritime electrical installations on board luxury yachts.
As a hardware engineer you are responsible for designing electrical installations and create specification of installation of the client. From these designed specification you make sure the needed hardware are engineered and of the creation of the electrical drawings packages. You will define scope and updated the detail design of the installation. You work closely with the projectmanager, lead engineer and software engineers, this means you will work in a team but can also work independently. Overseeing panelbuilding, acceptance tests and commissioning also belongs to the tasks of your function.
- Completed education in electrical engineering (MBO or equivalent)
- Relevant work experience in a similar position
- In possession of safety certificate (VCA VOL, or willing to obtain it).
- A C2 Dutch level and business skilled English level
- Customer-oriented and flexible attitude
- Good awareness of quality, safety, health and environment
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- No 9 to 5 mentality
- Willing to do call out service
- Good communication skills and the ability to work accurately
FMJ is a flat organization with short lines. Of course we look at your diplomas and experience but we find it even more important that you feel at home in our company and that you enjoy your work. FMJ is a family company and we want to keep this culture by keeping the companies small so you know all your colleagues. On this page you can read more about what it’s like to work at FMJ.
- A diversity of disciplines you can work in
- A wide range of tasks
- Various training and courses
- Good career opportunities